Pretty Leathal T&C’s
June 5, 2017
Terms and conditions of registration and participation in Reebok Pretty Lethal
Please read these terms and conditions of use (Terms) carefully. The Terms contain important information. By creating your Registration, each participant (You) declares to agree to the Terms.
- The Terms apply to Reebok Pretty Lethal online registration and participation (hereinafter referred to as the Registration) of Reebok. adidas (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd, 2nd Floor Unit 2C Black River Park North, Fir Road, Observatory, 7925, Cape Town, South Africa (hereinafter referred to as Reebok) is responsible for Pretty Lethal.
- If You want to participate in the Classes of Pretty Lethal, You need to complete the details required at Registration where your personal information will be collected. Personal information may include your name, e-mail address, mobile number and date of birth.
- The personal information is collected for purposes of participating in the Pretty Lethal classes and also for health and safety reasons. By registering, You agree that your personal information will be stored, used by Reebok (and the adidas Group) and our partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of Pretty Lethal.
- Participants’ names and contact details will be used by Reebok (and the adidas Group) and our partners for the purpose of promotion and marketing of Pretty Lethal, competitions, Reebok promotions and similar future events or other community based activities that we believe may be of interest to you.
Registration as user
- The Registration is open to all female residents in South Africa of 18 years and older.
- Registration permits the attendance of one person only and no “extra’s” or “plus one’s” will be allowed.
- If You have submitted false or invalid information You may be excluded from classes at any time.
- Participants should be aware of and understand the risks involved and the degree of fitness required for participation in Classes. It is the sole responsibility of each participant to ensure that she is physically fit to participate in the class. Any person who is pregnant or suffering from any chronic disease such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate in classes without medical approval. Reebok reserves the right to disallow/disqualify any person who is known or in the sole discretion of Reebok, or who appears or is suspected to be physically unfit to participate in Pretty Lethal. By submitting her Registration and subsequently taking part, a participant:
- warrants and confirms to Reebok that she is physically fit to participate in classes; and
- agrees to indemnify Reebok for (i) any injury or death suffered by the participant herself or any other persons; and (ii) any damage to property as a result of her not being physically fit to participate in and compete in the games.
- Instructions given by Reebok and/or its nominated agents must be followed at all times.
Limitation of liability
- Reebok and the Data Controller (adidas Group and/or adidas (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd and/or Reebok’ nominated agent) are not responsible or liable for Your costs or expenses in connection with or relating to participating in the Registration. The costs of the use of internet are for Your account.
- Reebok reserves the right to discontinue, amend or delete the Registration or Pretty Lethal if it becomes apparent that, for whatever reason, it is not possible to operate as planned, or if it becomes apparent that, because of legal provisions, the Registration or Pretty Lethal Classes can no longer be provided in the way that was envisaged. For this case, Reebok excludes all liability and any claims for damages.
- Please note that Reebok accepts no responsibility or liability of any kind before, during or after the classes. Reebok is liable only for damage caused by wilful misconduct or gross negligence. The above limitations of liability do not apply in cases of injury to life, body or health. Reebok is not responsible for force majeure or for the wilful misconduct or grossly negligent conduct of third parties, unless there is any legal provision to the contrary.
- If any clause of these Terms is or becomes void or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity or the remaining clauses. Nevertheless, Reebok is obliged to replace the void or unenforceable clause with another clause that comes as close as possible to the economic result of the unenforceable clause; the same applies in the event of an omission.
- The Terms are governed by the laws of South Africa and any claims stemming from Pretty Lethal classes shall be exclusively heard by the Western Cape High Court.
- Reebok reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time without consequently being liable with respect to users or third parties. An amended version of the Terms will be published on the Reebok Delta Website and/or communicated to Participants.
- Complaints or queries relating to the Terms can be submitted (in writing) to Reebok firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pretty Lethal– CONSENT & RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- Release, waiver and indemnity
- I acknowledge that my participation, now or in the future, in any Pretty Lethal event or activity organised by or on behalf of Reebok (Activities) involves certain risks. I accept and fully assume all such risks and the possibility of personal injury, death or loss of or damage to my property as a result of my participation in the Classes.
- In consideration of Reebok and its directors, officers, employees, agents, any member of the adidas Group and its representatives (Organisers) allowing me to participate in the Classes, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, I agree as follows:
- to waive any and all claims, including those related to negligence, that I may have against the Organisers arising from participating in the Classes;
- to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Organisers shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with my participation in the Classes; and
- to defend, hold harmless and indemnify the Organisers from any and all claims and liability for any personal injury to me, any third party or for any property damage caused by me which results from my participation in the Classes.
- Rules of Participation
I acknowledge and accept that my participation in the Classes is subject to my compliance with the following:
- to listen and adhere to safety briefings and instructions before taking part in the Classes;
- to not consume alcohol or any other mind altering substances prior to or during the Classes;
- to wear all protective clothing provided by or on behalf of the Organisers during the Classes;
- to keep all equipment provided by or on behalf of the Organisers on-site and return the same after completing the Classes; and
- if applicable, to provide the Organiser with proof of age in a form as determined by the Organisers.
- Participation in the Classes is not recommended for those who are: infirm; suffering from a heart condition; pregnant (or who may be pregnant); or suffering from pre-existing injuries.
- I declare to the best of my knowledge that I know of no reason why I should not participate in the Classses and that I am not presently suffering from (and have not suffered from) any disease or medical condition which may prevent me from participating in the Classes or which may be aggravated by my participation in the Classes. I acknowledge and agree that my participation in the Activities is granted on the understanding that I understand and accept the risks involved. I agree that I shall immediately inform medical personnel and the Organisers of any pain, discomfort, fatigue or any other symptoms that I may suffer before, during and after my participation in the Classes. I accept that I may be required to immediately cease or delay my participation in the Classes if so requested. I also consent to treatment in the event of an emergency and further agree to pay all costs associated with such medical care and to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Organisers from any costs or claims arising from such medical care.
- I agree to allow (at no cost) the Organisers, and/or any third party acting on behalf of the Organisers, to use my name, image, photograph, video, voice recording, performance data and general location for publicity, news and/or any future promotions or advertising. I hereby consent to the photography, filming and/or recording by or on behalf of the Organisers of my participation in the Classes (individually or collectively known as the Images).
- I hereby assign to the Organisers, all present and future copyright and all other rights, title and interest which I may hold in the Images. I agree to the use of the Images by the Organisers in any media format in its future promotional activities and agree that I will not make any claim for remuneration against the Organisers, its licensees or assignees in respect of the use of the Images. I hereby agree to waive any moral rights that I may have now or in the future so far as is legally possible, any broadly equivalent rights I may have in any territory of the world.
- I also grant the Organisers (and the adidas Group), a perpetual and worldwide license to use all comments, feedback, ideas and information I may share with them for any purposes including, but not limited to, the manufacture, sale, distribution, advertisement and/or promotion of Reebok products and the Reebok brands (in any and all media).
This agreement shall be binding upon me, my successors, representatives, heirs, executors, assignees, or transferees. If any of the terms and conditions of this agreement are found by a competent court or other competent body to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of South Africa. I (and, if applicable, the Guardian) confirm that I have read and understood this agreement prior to signing it, and I am aware that by signing this agreement I am waiving certain legal rights which I may otherwise have against the Organisers.